This Is Villa Park

This Is Villa Park

Friday, August 12, 2011

Claret & Blue Army's Views: #2

Long story short, my second interview is with Sandra Jennens, my mom. Dunne obsesser I'm afraid to say. You can follow her on twitter @Villa_4_eva http://twitter.com/#!/Villa_4_eva

1) How did you feel about the appointment of Alex McLeish?
Shocked initally, however the board obviously saw something in him that we couldn't see. We now have to give him a chance, a chance to prove himself.

2) Where do you think we'll finish this season?
I hope we finish in the top half. Hopefully higher than last season's 9th place. With the losses of crucial players, Friedel, Downing and Young, but with the new players they should keep us up there with the best.

3) What do you make of our summer, pre-season and transfers?
I think both players are good signings especially once they've found their feet and bonded with the squad. Pre-season, well, a disappointment at the Derby County game but I understand now that Alex McLeish, as it's a friendly, he needed to test his players, get their stamina up and see what positions suit them best etc. The rest of the friendlies haven't been bad results. The Braga game was impressive. We looked asif we can hold our own and stand up for ourselves against othe Premier League teams.
 
4) Who do you think will stand out this season? For good or bad.
I don't know to be honest. I hope the back four get back to their best and stand out. Just to prove the doubters and get our reputation back as a 'strong defence' and 'hard to brake'. Also Shay Given.
 
5) Looking ahead to the Fulham game, what do you expect to see?
I'd like to see a win, like most, and less of the silly passing outside the area. Someone just needs to be selfish and have a shoot. The pretty football we played was great at the end of last season however I would like to see a fast-tempo game.
 
6) Do you like we have the resources to produce a fast-tempo game for fans to enjoy?
With the addition of N'Zogbia, yes. It isn't just him though we do have other players that can contribute.
 
7) As a fan, are you backing the manager?
Of course, that's why I've got my season ticket again. Whatever manager had been appointed I would have supported.
 
Thanks to Sandra for the interview. Up the Villa!

No comments:

Post a Comment