This Is Villa Park

This Is Villa Park

Friday, July 22, 2011

Walsall 1-3 Aston Villa

Good football, check. Hesky scores, check. Darren Bent double, check. Shay Given clean sheet, check. Stephen Ireland appearance, check. Warnock's last ditch tackles, late jumps for headers and different style of defending, check. Clean sheet, no.

You all now what I'm gonna write, it's written all in the top paragraph. It was one of those games were the was the buzz back. Smiles on Villa fans faces again; before and after the game. And just the whole feel good factor was back. I didn't really expect it to be that type of atmosphere to be honest, mainly because I didn't think those "fickle McLeish haters" would either turn up and moan or not be there at all. However, there was none of that and I'm glad there was none, I forget that he was there, many others did. We were only interested in singing about the Blues and watching a free flowing, fast tempo game.

I won't write much more because I'm going on holiday tonight and trying to finish off the packing but I will end on these last few points. Its nice to see us finishing off were we left off last season, attacking, quick, passing and move game. Yes we didn't keep a clean sheet which we really should of, but Shay Given did and we had got an academy/reserve side in the 2nd half of the game. Its just great to have football and the Aston Villa we know back. Who need Downing and Young when you've got Albrighton...and Heskey!

No comments:

Post a Comment