This Is Villa Park

This Is Villa Park

Monday, August 08, 2011

All Things Aston Villa

First I'll start off with Saturday. Braga 1-1 Aston Villa. N'Zogbia debut. A debut with a goal. A Luke Young cross, into the path of Darren Bent, cushioning it for Charles to shoot clinicly into the bottom left corner.

It started off with some very sloppy football with Braga dominating the possession and shooting at will with even the slightest bit of pressure. Brazilian Alan shot from 25 yards leaving Given helpless, with a powerful drive. It felt like Villa had been sleeping right up until that point. That definitely woke them right up.

From then on we looked like we were a top six side again. Playing some neat football and creating some decent chances which just couldn't be finished off. The only worng decision made by Alex McLeish was making N'Zog play on the right meaning he would naturally just cut in on his left foot. Reminding me off Downing.

Overall, it was a good performance to round off pre-season. Oh and I forgot to mention the little Barcelona moment at the end of the match when Ireland and Bannan exchanged first-class passess showing that everyone's most certainly moving in the right direction. Up.

I hear you ask, why title the post 'All things Aston Villa' when I've only talked about the game on Saturday? Well, I just wanted to tell you after weeks of mind changing that I have my shirt printed with 'L.Young 2'

No comments:

Post a Comment